# 137 - Nikoletta in Adelaide

The last time we went solo travelling was in Lima, Peru. That was over three months ago. Since then we spent day and night together. Time to make some new experiences on our own again.

And then I was in Adelaide. Alone. Wow. First day I was lucky. I met a street musician from Japan, Kaito, who showed me the ins and outs of the CBD (central business district). The City Library is a good place for free WiFi, the university for showers and the park by the river for relaxing and escaping the hustle and bustle of the city.

On my second day I met Rajeev, a local couchsurfer. Since he had to go to Melbourne for business, he offered me the following. I get to stay at his place in exchange for looking after his garden while he was gone. Deal. For the first time since forever I had keys to a place, a home to go to in the evening, and a lot of time to just be alone. So without the worry to have to find a place to sleep or shower, wash my stuff, leave the backpack or get something cheap to eat I could explore the city. 

My favourite place was Rundle Mall, where I managed to set up a little stand and sell the bracelets we made in Latin America. Also I met up with Levi, who came from Geelong to visit his family in Adelaide. With him and his brothers we went to a brewery and the German village of Hahndorf which was cute but a bit surreal.
In the Scout Outdoor Centre I made friends with Darren. We immediately clicked and had long talks about life and innersoles ;-) With his friends Naomi and Tom we went for beers and enjoyed the variety of Asian cuisine in the city.

Special about Adelaide: I had to turn my watch half an hour back. Time difference with Greece is now "only" 8,5 hours.


Sneaking in for a shower

Billy, me, Levi and Isaac

Naomi and her family

No comments:

Post a Comment